“Many CWM Europe churches work in a context where life in community is fragile, they witness to Christ at the margins of society in a post-modern context. As a partnership of churches in mission the European Region of CWM works to enable member churches to develop missional congregations through deepening partnership, solidarity and prophetic witness and research and reflection.”
CWM Europe is managed by a Regional Mission Council comprising of two directors from each of the CWM Europe member bodies.
CWM Europe has a holistic understanding of “mission” holding that there is a range of mission expressed in values, attitudes as well as activities. This range of mission is often referred to as the “five marks of mission”:
- Proclaim the good news of the kingdom.
- Teach, baptise and nurture new believers.
- Strive to safeguard the integrity of creation and sustain and renew the life of the earth.
- Respond to human need by loving service.
- Seek to transform unjust structures of society
From 2013-17 the CWM Europe Mission Programme includes:
- Missional Congregations
- Missional Leaders
- Youth Programme
The European Region is staffed by a Regional Secretary, Programme Associate and Administrator.
URC – United Reformed Church