Are you a passionate individual between the ages of 18 and 35, eager to address the pressing environmental challenges of our time? Do you believe in the power of intersectionality and the need for social and environmental justice? If so, the School of Intersectional Ecotheology and Ecojustice Witness (SIEEW) is the perfect place for you!
Organized by the Council for World Mission, SIEEW is a transformative and action-oriented program that aims to create a safe and inclusive space for deep learning, inquiry, and discussions on the intersectional issues related to environmental justice and theology. By joining this unique school, you will have the opportunity to build a community of ecojustice witnesses and become advocates for the earth and its inhabitants.
What to Expect:
- Deep Learning and Supportive Environment: SIEEW offers a comprehensive program that begins on August 1st, 2023, with online sessions that run until August 31st, 2023. During this phase, you will engage in lectures, workshops, and interactive discussions, all within a supportive environment that encourages deep learning and exploration.
- In-person Immersion: From September 24th, 2023, to October 13th, 2023, you will travel to Lusaka, Zambia, for an immersive experience. This phase of the program will provide invaluable hands-on learning opportunities, allowing you to work directly with environmental groups and live alongside communities affected by environmental injustices.
- Critical Thinking and Analysis Skills: Develop your critical thinking and analysis skills related to environmental justice and theology. Learn how to identify and analyze systemic injustices and uncover opportunities for advocacy and activism. Gain the knowledge and tools to become an agent of change in your community.
- Ecojustice Witness Practices: Engage in hands-on experiences and group collaborations to develop and implement ecojustice witness practices. Discover the power of advocacy, activism, and community organizing as you work with environmental groups and live alongside communities in Zambia. Make a tangible difference in the lives of those affected by environmental injustices.
- Building a Community: Connect with like-minded individuals from diverse backgrounds who share your passion for social and environmental justice. Develop a sense of community and shared purpose as ecojustice witnesses. Network, collaborate, and support one another during and after the program. Together, we can create a more just and sustainable world.
Email your application to email@example.com by 30 June 2023.