Did you miss out on the riveting eDARE (Discernment and Radical Engagement) 2021 webinars last October? Or do you want to catch the sessions all over again?
Last October 2021, Council for World Mission (CWM) hosted eDARE: a virtual event where theologians, pastors, poets, artists, and activists came together to reflect and present their insights on the challenges and opportunities for life. eDARE 2021’s theme “Rise to Life: Confessing witness to life-flourishing communities”, was an opportunity to critically engage with current forms of Public Theology.
Watch the three sessions from day one of the eDARE seminar here:
· Karen Georgia Thompson, “Testify” (poem)
· Miguel A. De La Torre, “Through the ‘Door of No Return’ to Havana Bay: The Voyage of Cuban Racism”
· Gregory L. Cuéllar, “Lamentations as a Healing Response to Necropolitical Power at the Texas-Mexico Border”
· Te Aroha Rountree, “Defiance, Determination, and Decolonisation”
· Maxime de Palm, “Our Future” (artwork)
· Ana Ester Pádua Freire, “Queer Arctivism: Talking back to the cis/tems”
· Lucy Thokozile Chibambo, “Childbirth Impurity: Gender Discrimination in Leviticus 12”
· Aruna Gogulamanda, “She was told!” & “Beasts” (poems)
· Anna Jane Langi, “What I see, hear, and understand” (read by Michael Jagessar)
· Jione Havea, Maria Fe (Peachy) & Sainimili Kata, “Rise to life: Contexts, illusions, and oxymorons”
· Graham Adams, “Glimpses of God’s Dis/Abled Domain: Rising Up against Empire in small steps / huge leaps”
· Neil Thorogood (Art Presentation)
For more information about the panelists you may refer to our eDARE website.